part-time and full-time assistant preschool teacher
Full Time / Part Time:
High School Diploma/GED
$18 - 20/ hour
We are a home-based AMS Montessori preschool in Brisbane. We are located near San Francisco and South San Francisco. We serve children between the ages of three to five years and two elementary students in the afternoon.
We are seeking 1 full-time (8:30 - 5:30 p.m.) and 1 part-time (8:00 - 1:00 p.m.)
(Monday - Friday) preschool assistant teacher to start ASAP. The assistant teacher will be trained with the Montessori philosophy and curriculum to support the headteacher.
- Develop and implement outdoor activities
- Supervise lunch, nap, outdoor play, and indoor activities as needed
- Manage both small and large groups of children through transition times
- Implement music/ dance/ fingerplays/ games in small and large group circles
- Maintain an orderly, safe, and clean environment
- Prepare snacks, assist with wiping the tables after snack/lunchtime, putting used dishes in the dishwasher, and tidy the indoor/outdoor environment as needed.
- Assist with children’s toileting and bathroom accidents (willingness to learn more about Montessori toileting procedures)
- Contribute to the observation and evaluation of individual children’s progress
- Assist with implementing independent conflict resolution between children and creatively use logical consequences as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six or more units of early childhood education are preferred, but it is not required
- Montessori experience is preferred, but it is not required.
- Record of immunizations (TB test, proof of Flu shot (can opt-out), Pertussis, and Measles immunizations) and Fully COVID-19 vaccine is required (proof will be required)
- Ability to pass a background check
- CPR Certification (preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Full-time employees get (1-hour lunch)
- Willingness to study and learn Montessori philosophy independently and to participate in staff meetings and community events
- Ability to stand for a significant portion of the workday, squat, and sit on the floor
- Willingness to be creative, accepting, respectful, and honor the independence and capabilities of young children.
- Salary starting pay $18 -20/hour (Salary depends on the level of education and prior preschool experience.)
- Opportunities for a pay increase after one year, pending evaluation
- All paid: federal holidays, two weeks off for winter break, one week off for spring break, one week off in June, and one week off in August.
If you are interested in this position, please email the following and include “Assistant Teacher” in the subject line:
- No phone calls, please
- Three professional references
For more information about Star City Montessori, please visit our website at www.starcitymontessori.com