- Arrive in the US no more than 30 days prior to your first day of classes at MTEC-SFBA.
- Notify MTEC-SFBA immediately upon arrival in the United States or upon receiving approval of Visa Change of Status.
Enrollment at MTEC-SFBA:
- You must remain enrolled full time:
- Register and complete at least 12 units each semester
- Attend to all classes
- Maintain GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Maintain passing grades, 80% or higher
- If you are having difficulty in your classes, notify the MTEC international student advisor.
Tuition and Fees must be kept current.
Immigration documents VALID and CURRENT:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6-months in the future.
- Your country’s consulate or embassy will help you to extend your passport.
- Carry a copy of your passport with you along with your I-94 card for identification purposes.
- F-1 I-20 states correct program level.
Do NOT work off-campus without authorization.
- Employment opportunities for international students, without CPT, in the U.S., are restricted by law.
Travel authorization signature
is required on your F-1 I-20 before traveling outside the United States in order to re-enter the United States.
- Re-Entering the United States
- Valid passport
- Valid F-1 or F-2 visa stamp
- Current I-20 with a valid signatures & travel authorization
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of enrollment - copy of gradebook
Notify MTEC when changing visa status.
Update your local address within 10 days of moving.
Upon Program Completion
- You have 60 days upon completion of your credential course to leave the United States under your current F1 visa.
- To remain in the US:
- Apply for a change course level with MTEC-SFBA, or
- Transfer to another school, or
- Apply to change your visa status.
- MTEC can provide you with more detailed information regarding your options.