CURRICULAR PRACTICAL TRAINING (CPT) – CHANGE OF SCHOOL
- Change of employment may not begin before new CPT is approved and may not continue after completion date listed on I-20.
- The student must obtain:
- A new offer letter from the employer that includes:
- Site Agreement
- Copy of site’s AMS Membership or State Licensing
- Supervising Teacher Information and Agreement
- Copy of Supervising Teacher’s Montessori Credential
- Take listed documents above to the new employer, preferably when you go for your initial interview, for completion.
- Request a letter of offer from the employer, on letterhead stationery. (Details are listed above)
- Email all required documents listed above and a cover letter requesting a new CPT to MTEC and mail payment of $200.00 for the new CPT Fee of $200.00.
- If MTEC's international student adviser determines that the applicant has met all previous financial obligations, and all required documents have been submitted, a new CPT authorization is added to the learner's I-20.
- Three copies of the new CPT are mailed to the applicant. All copies are required to be signed by the applicant:
- One copy is required to be given to the new employer.
- Two copy are for the student.