Non-Degree Disclosure for Infant & Toddler and Early Childhood

The applicant for the Montessori Infant & Toddler Teacher Credential or the Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Credential must hold, as a minimum, a High School diploma or GED.

The applicant without a bachelor degree or higher receives the American Montessori Society (AMS) Associate Infant & Toddler Teacher Credential or American Montessori Society Associate Early Childhood Teacher Credential. 

Only a copy of the educational level is required.

Degree Disclosure for Elementary Credentials

The applicant for the Montessori Elementary Teacher Credentials must hold a bachelor degree or higher from a United States accredited college or university, or from a foreign college or university as documented by NACIS accredited evaluation agency . 

Degree Documentation for United States Degree

An official transcript at the highest level of attainment is submitted to the administrative office. The official transcript may be digitally generated from the college or university.

Degree Documentation for Foreign Degree

  1. Foreign degrees must be evaluated by a NACES affiliate. 
  2. If the degree is not evaluated, the country in which the bachelor degree was awarded is indicated on the AMS teacher credential. The degree must be translated into English by an official translation service.

An adult learner whose account/application lacks any of the items listed above is accepted on a provisional basis while awaiting full documentation. If there are any questions, the applicant is directed to the Admissions Officer.  Completion & acceptance is found at the applicant's account.


Country, state and local employment requirements vary widely and change periodically. Employment requirements vary in different types of schools (e.g. private, public/charter, faith-based, publicly funded). In some locations or schools, an Associate Credential may not qualify for full teaching responsibility.  Employment regulations may change in the future. The applicant is responsible for checking specific jurisdictions and schools for employment requirements.