You are here
Infant and Toddler Sunnyvale, CA
Montessori Infant and Toddler Teacher Credential Course
Select title to view course schedule:
Teacher Education Center San Francisco Bay Area
The Infant and Toddler Teacher Credential Course prepares the adult learner for working with children birth to three years old. The length of the Infant & Toddler Course is twelve months for the summer intensive schedule and twenty-one months for the year-round schedule.
210 Academic hours and 540 Practicum hours
Instruction is in Sunnyvale, CA for the Year-Round and the Summer Intensive Schedules. The Certificate of Completion is issued for satisfactory completion of the academic phase and the practicum phase, and the American Montessori Society Infant and Toddler Teacher Credential.
Infant and Toddler Teacher Credential Course
The Montessori Infant and Toddler Teacher Credential Course is comprised of 312 instructional clock hours and 540 practicum hours which, when successfully completed, enables the student to be awarded the American Montessori Society Infant & Toddler Teacher Credential. Instruction includes:
- Montessori Philosophy and Pedagogue
- Child Growth and Development from Prenatal to Three Years
- Neurological Development from Conception through Toddler
- Emotional Development: First Feelings and Temperaments
- Language Emergence and Development
- Motor Development - Role of Movement for the Infant and Toddler
- Environmental Design at Home and in Group Care
- Sequences, Routines, and Schedules at Home and in Group Care
- Child, Family, and Community
- Program Leadership
- Personal Growth and Development
The practicum/student teaching is a necessary requirement for the successful completion of the Infant and Toddler Teacher Credential Course.
The function of the Practicum Phase is to provide for the student a supervised teaching/learning experience and a period of observation, internalization, and further study, to bring together the theory and practice of Montessori education.
Administrative Office: 99 Callan Avenue, San Leandro, CA 94577
Instructional Class: 790 East Duane Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Faculty: Tabitha Anberg , Anne Gavey, Thomas Lubrano, Kathy McIntosh, Darla Miller, Irena Shklovsky, and Anni Tervydis
For further information:
(510) 278-1115 FAX (510) 278-1577