You are here
Professional Growth and Development
Select title to view course schedule:
AMS requires all individuals with credentials issued on or after July 1, 2013, to complete 50 hours of professional development every 5 years for the credential to remain active.
For more information and specific guidelines, please visit www.amshq.org/professionaldevelopment.
Certificate of Continuing Professional Development
Participation in AMS approved workshops and/conferences also entitles you to earn credit toward an AMS Certificate of Continuing Professional Development. AMS requires the following:
- You must currently be a member of the American Montessori Society.
- You must hold a Montessori credential from an AMS-affiliated teacher education program or another MACTE accredited program, or have an AMS recognized Montessori credential from before 1992.
- You must accrue a minimum of 120 hours of AMS approved continuing education.
- In order to receive an AMS certificate, you must have completed three years of teaching after completion of your practicum experience. You may begin accumulating hours of attendance after you have received your credential.
When you have accumulated 120 hours of continuing education units, send the completed and signed attendance certificates to the American Montessori Society, Attn: Continuing Professional Development, 116 East 16th, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10003. An AMS Certificate of Continuing Professional Development will be sent to you.
Professional Growth Courses
- Early Childhood Montessori Rating Scale
- Early Childhood Sensorial Extensions
- Early Childhood Green Series (Grammar)
- Elementary Physics
- Early Childhood Money
- Beyond the Bird's Eye View
- Early Childhood Art
- Yoga for the Montessori Classroom
- Literature & Children's Books
- Interview Skills
- Elementary Visual Arts & Crafts
Administrative Office: 99 Callan Avenue, San Leandro, CA 94577
Instructional Class: 790 East Duane Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Faculty: Linda Aaquest, Frida Azari, Maryam Hagbin, Julie Karlonas, Kathy McIntosh, Pamela Rigg, and Anni Tervydis
For further information:
(510) 278-1115 FAX (510) 278-1577